World Cancer Day
Promote a unique event by stimulating participation.
Uniting a community
To promote the fight against cancer
World Cancer Day, held annually on 4 February, is the international rallying initiative led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). Created in 2000, World Cancer Day has grown into a positive movement for everyone, everywhere to unite under one voice to face one of our greatest challenges in history.
Each year, hundreds of activities and events take place around the world, gathering communities, organisations and individuals in schools, businesses, hospitals, marketplaces, parks, community halls, places of worship - in the streets and online - acting as a powerful reminder that we all have a role to play in reducing the global impact of cancer.
The year 2020 marked an important milestone as World Cancer Day celebrated its 20th anniversary!
The aim of the site was to unite the community around this day, before but also after the event.
World Cancer Day key figures
Create a lively and engaging site, bringing together all the information
The objectives of this site are articulated around the following challenges:
- Reach effectively the various audiences, very varied (organisations, individuals, survivors, caregivers, accompanying persons, etc.)
- Communicate with the public, bond and interact with the participants
- Encourage the participation of all and the creation of activities
- Provide everyone with complete and relevant campaign material, to download and customise
- Integrate the campaign with social networks to maximise its reach
- Create a simple and efficient administration platform